Online shopping is becoming more popular and retail sales figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) over the last few years show that as a percentage of total consumer sales this is rising and almost certainly will continue to do so.
Many items are cheaper when bought online and it seems consumers fears over buying items without seeing or touching them is receding as familiarity grows.
However, there are disreputable websites so it is a good idea to check and look for reviews before you use a site for the first time. Security concerns over online or internet shopping are also not without foundation though banks and sales outlets security systems are becoming increasingly sophisticated.
- Rural broadband problems make online shopping a postcode lottery
- Online sales deliver success for Sainsbury's
- Visa online shopping card launched
- Comet could be bought by online retailer
- Save £13bn by shopping online
- BRC: Online sales boost gives shine to retailers at Christmas
- 1 in 5 children shopping online behind parents' backs
- The hidden cost of online shopping
- BRC: Retailers hoping for Christmas rush as online sales slow
- Price is vital when shopping for financial products