4x4 car insurance
4x4, or off-road, vehicles are increasingly popular and it is fair to say that most drivers do not drive their 4x4 car off-road as it is designed to be capable of. Despite this, the majority of insurers classify 4x4 cars in the higher car insurance group category, and as such, you may find yourself subjected to higher premiums.
Whether you take your 4x4 for a spin in muddy fields, or use it just to pick up the kids from school, it is worthwhile shopping around for a more competitive 4x4 car insurance policy that suits your needs.
- How to get the lowest car insurance premium
- Why it pays to shop around for car insurance
- OFT launch Competition Commission inquiry into car insurance
- Competition Commission inquiry will mean "cheaper" car insurance
- Car insurance premiums falling despite ECJ gender ruling
- AA says car insurance falling but home insurance costs rise
- Infographic: How has gender affected your car insurance?
- Motorists can get cheaper car insurance on new '62' plates
- Car insurance market faces Competition Commission probe
- The 12 most unusual car insurance claims