Travel insurance is designed to protect you and your possessions when you travel overseas. In general a travel insurance policy will pay out for costs associated with becoming ill abroad. This could include the costs of seeing a doctor or a hospital stay.
Travel insurance will also pay out if you lose or damage valuable possessions when you are abroad. Travel insurance will cover you against the costs of accomodation or flights that you have paid for in case the airline or tour operator goes bust and does not provide the goods or services that you have already paid for.
- Hiscox launches new travel insurance policy
- Choosing the right type of travel insurance
- Travel insurance 'a holiday essential'
- Travel insurance for an expensive holiday
- A guide to travel insurance when you are pregnant
- Winter sports fans urged to seek adequate travel insurance
- Egg offers travel insurance discount
- Finding the best travel insurance policies for this summer
- Travel insurance 'essential for all trips'
- Britons taking a break may need travel insurance