The average cost of a wedding is approaching £20,000 so it is a very big financial event as well as being the highlight of their lives for many couples. There are lots of potential pitfalls that could hinder the big day so it can be a good idea to insure for any problems.
Wedding insurance is designed to cover you in case your big day is affected by bad weather, floods, illness or unreliable caterers amongst other things. Some policies will also offer insurance for legal costs associated with contractual disputes. Check around different suppliers for the best cover and always read the terms and conditions carefully.
- Debenhams up wedding insurance cover
- Wedding Insurance: Debenhams' new name kit offer
- Post Office launches "Quick Quote and Buy" home insurance
- AA reports both car and home insurance premiums down in price
- Royal Wedding lifts retail sales in April
- Car insurance premiums fall but home insurance costs up, say AA
- Hotel prices up for royal wedding weekend in London?
- Telematics car insurance aims to provide carrot and no stick
- How to do your wedding on a budget
- Young women pay 15% more for car insurance after gender ruling