Tax free investments
There are a variety of tax free investments available in the UK that come free of income or capital gains tax. These include cash ISA’s and stocks and shares ISA’s, tax free investment schemes and offshore investment trusts available in favourable tax destinations.
It pays to check the terms and conditions of any tax free investment carefully because the tax free status can be nullified or financial penalties imposed if you withdraw funds before maturity or before the minimum period of investment is completed.
- Investors encouraged to make use of tax-free savings
- Libor still not "fraud-free", says US regulator
- Tax-free ISA limit to increase by £200 for ISA's to help poor
- 5.5 million taxpayers paid wrong amount of tax last year
- MPs call back Google for more questions over tax
- Is the end of free banking imminent?
- Osborne launches legal challenge against EU over Tobin tax
- Npower pays no tax for 3 years despite higher profits and prices
- Tesco exits US as as post-tax profits drop sharply
- Council Tax for low-income families "unworkable"