Abbey National mortgages
Abbey, formerly Abbey National, is part of the Spanish Santander group, and their mortgages are now sold under the Santander brand.
The lender offers a series of flexible, fixed-rate and tracker mortgages, along with buy-to-let mortgages.
For first-time buyers, Abbey offers exclusive deals, as well as no deposit and 125 per cent loan-to-value mortgages.
Top Abbey mortgage deal
Perhaps the most recommended Abbey mortgage is the 2-year tracker, which tracks the Bank of England base rate + 2.49 per cent and has no booking fee. The maximum loan-to-value (LTV) on this deal is 75 per cent.
Unfortunately, the above mortgage is only open to existing Santander account holders. However, the lender also offers a decent 2-year tracker for new customers, tracking at 2.09 per cent above the base rate. But potential borrowers must pay a £995 booking fee and the maximum LTV is lower at 70%.
Spanish property mortgages are also available through Banco Santander.
To compare Abbey mortgages with deals from dozens of other lenders, check out our comparison tables and get a quote today.
- National Savings cut interest rates on savings accounts
- Rise in use of food banks is a "national disgrace"
- National Counties Building Society unveil new issue of Isas
- Number of available mortgages 'on the rise'
- Abbey mortgage holders could be due compensation from Santander